I figured I would brighten this dreary Tuesday with a healthy and easy way to indulge your sweet tooth without the guilt! I love pineapple and recently I discovered how delicious warm pineapple is. I love putting it on my pizza, particularly with pepperoni. I also love pineapple upside down cake. However, none of those are terribly healthy. My in-laws are currently in Hawaii on business and later in the week will be on vacation. I wanted to pretend I was relaxing on the beach with them enjoying some fresh Hawaiian pineapple so I decided to start-up the grill (first time since winter broke–or at least appears to have broken) and grill myself some fresh pineapple! Here’s how I did it.
1. Cut the top and sides off your fresh pineapple until the fruit flesh is exposed
2. Slice your pineapple into several inch thick rings, making sure to cut out the center core of each ring as it is not meant to be eaten.
3. Prepare your coals for a medium hot fire
4. Place your rings tightly together over your coals and let them cook until you see nice grill marks on the underside. Once they have gold brown grill marks, flip the rings and let them cook for a few minutes until they again have golden brown grill marks.
5. Remove from the grill onto a plate, drizzle with honey and freshly chopped pistachios. Enjoy your sweet and HEALTHY treat! It will melt in your mouth!
You chose cool props to go with cheery, yellow pineapple! Wonderful light in, on, & through the honey! Gorgeous forkful of pineapple, pistachios, & honey up against a perfectly muted background